Margriet Sjoerdsma: vocals
Egbert Derix: piano
The most beautiful songs of the ’80s and ’90s arranged specially for voice and piano and two original songs written by Sjoerdsma & Derix. Here you can listen to how this cd sounds.
- First we take Manhattan – Leonard Cohen
- Papa don’t preach – Brian Elliot/Madonna
- And so it goes – Billy Joel
- The other side – Sjoerdsma/Derix
- Broken wings – Page/George/Lang
- Heart of Saturday night – Tom Waits
- Teardrop – Massive Attack
- Fast car – Tracy Chapman
- Maniac – Sembello/Matkosky
- Anywhere the wind blows – Sjoerdsma/Derix
- Have a little faith in me – John Hiatt
Great selection of songs, beautifully performed and arranged.
I’ve got some brilliant albums of artist’s covering others, Peter Gabriels You Scratch Mine is one and Janette Mason’s D’Ranged is another. I can add this to those two, some real unexpected tracks, Maniac, Teardrop and Broken Wings are personal favourites. Nice to see some original numbers in there too, once again, great production, if only all music was this well produced.